- I am high-maintenance. That's not a joke. I'm not really, not in terms of needing flowers and candy every day, or whatever, but I do need a certain amount of encouragement in a relationship just to feel like it's where I should be.
- ...But I still need my space. I had one guy I was seeing who called me every single day, and I was like, "Umm, ok, air? Maybe?"
- I don't really know how to flirt. I may find a guy I like, but I'm not very good at showing him I'm interested.
- And I'm not very good at taking hints when they come my way.
- And I'm picky. I'm getting better at turning off guys I'm not interested in. Usually just by ignoring them, but sometimes by doing outrageous things.
- The problem is, sometimes I ignore guys I want to notice me, because I don't want to be the first one to do the noticing...
- I have high-standards. Maybe too high...
- I just want someone who is both attractive and intelligent and has a sense of humor, who isn't a total asshole. Is that too much to ask?
- I think I might be a little intimidating. People tell me I am, but I never used to believe it until recently.
- Something about being both attractive and intelligent, with a sense of humor, and not a total bitch.
- In all honesty, I've said yes to almost every guy who's asked me out. The few exceptions were because they either came out of the blue and I was caught completely unawares, or because, in the most recent case, the relationship was simply moving too fast.
- I'll tell you that story another time. I'm still not ready to bare those secrets.
I think it all comes down to my expecting the happy ending in a trashy romance novel. I've read too many of them at this point and I think, even subconsciously that's what I want. I know, in my head that it'll never happen like that, but hey, a girl can dream, right?
Question of the Day: Why are/aren't you single?