So I'm at work, doing nothing, and it's my last day. The head boos that no one really like isn't here. I got the best parking spot possible. Someone brought in Starbucks. It took me like 15 minutes to get here because there was no traffic. I'm floating on air today. I love it.

No, but seriously, I'm completely nervous about starting the new job on Monday. I'm happy to have something new to do and be busy all the time etc. But at the same time, it's all new and I have to go back through the learning phase and training process. I live like 5 miles away from the new job which is completely fantastic, and it's only slightly longer if I take side streets. So, if I build up my muscles, I should be able to bike to and from work.

I've been training the new girl at work who's taking Caitlin's spot I guess. She's very cool. We've been doing stuff in terms of training and her last job was in production or casting or something so she doesn't have a ton of "office" clothing. I think we're going shopping or something this weekend. I've got some awesome thrift stores by my house, so we're going to hit those. I totally made out the last time I went, but I think I already wrote about that....

I went to lunch with some of the people here at the office and it was really good. We went over to Toi Thai on Wilshire. I can't remember exactly the name of it. It was very yummy and they wouldn't let me pay. I'm so glad I found out that people were going there because I was always on a different lunch than most people, so I didn't get to socialize. But I had so much fun today. I got to sit and eat and chat with people I don't see everyday. I will definitely miss people. It's so weird because I don't really see most of them of a regular basis, but there's still a social relationship.

Question of the Day: What was the last job you left of your own free will?

1 comment:

Meridith said...

I left Casual Corner about 3 1/2 years ago. I was already working at a full time job (my current one) and I decided it wasn't worth it to work 60 hours a week when I wasn't getting paid crap and had to stand on my feet for at least 5 hours after I had already worked 8-9 hours that day... AND take greif from my "boss" who didn't know what the heck she was talking about half the time anyway... So I put in my two week's notice and left their dumb selves. They went under about 2 years later. Sad, but funny!

Good luck with your new job, I'm sure you'll do fantastically!